For our CCPA Policy, click here.Effective Date: December 21, 2021
Welcome to Demand Inc! So, Who Are We?
Demand Inc is a B2B sales development platform and service that helps businesses book meetings. We identify new prospects and engage on behalf of businesses (using digital communication) to help them accelerate their pipeline by talking to more prospects, one meeting at a time. Our proprietary research tools and human research team ("Demand Inc Insights") collect information from a variety of sources in order to compile "Attribute/Erinched Data" about corporations, non-profits, and similar entities ("Companies") and the professionals that work for them ("Professionals"). A complete list of Attribute/Erinched Data we make available to users of the Site and Services (defined below).
- You can reach us at 2443 Fillmore St #380-6536, San Francisco, CA 94115
- If you write to us, please address it to the care of our Data Protection Officer.
- You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at Submit a Report - Watchdog
Collection and Use
We collect information in the following ways: (1) information you provide directly to us, (2) information collected through third-party data providers, and (3) information we collect through Demand Inc Insights.
When you browse or visit our Site, contact us, or set up a user account with us, we might collect any Personal Information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as through a web form, in an email or other message (including in the "envelope" of the message, such as the From: or Subject: lines), or during the account creation process. Personal Information collected in this way includes identifiers, such as your name, business address, email address, and similar identifiers; the Demand Inc products or services you’ve purchased or considered purchasing, and similar commercial information; and professional or employment-related information relevant to you as an agent of your business. As this information is submitted by you in freeform text fields or over the phone, we cannot control what you submit to us, but we ask that you only submit personal information relevant to the interaction or the specific questions asked. We may collect additional financial information from you if you become or intend on becoming a customer, such as credit card or other banking information, billing name, and billing address.
We use the information described in this subsection for our operational purposes, such as responding to your inquiries, routing you to the Demand Inc team member who can assist you, maintaining and servicing your account with us, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling your orders and transactions with us, verifying your information, processing payments, internal business functions such as accounting and forecasting, and similar purposes.
Integrated First Party Data
Certain Services (such as Demand Inc sales development services) may allow our customers to choose to integrate certain information and data contained within third-party products or services you use ("Integrated First Party Data") for use with the Services. Customers use Integrated First Party Data with the Services to organize and derive business intelligence from the Integrated First Party Data, and to more efficiently use and control how Integrated First Party Data is exchanged between their third party products and services. Integrated First Party Data may include categories of information collected by our customers as described their respective privacy policies, such as CRM data (name, business email address, business phone number, and similar information often stored in customer relationship management databases) and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies used by the particular customer (such as pages users visit and actions they take while visiting the customer’s website or using the customer’s services).
Demand Inc does not incorporate Integrated First Party Data into Attribute/Enrinched Data, it is not collected by the Demand Inc Insights, and we do not share Integrated First Party Data with any other customers or third parties except as strictly necessary for the following purposes. We collect and use Integrated First Party Data only to provide the Services to the customer that provided the Integrated First Party Data, for internal research and development purposes, and to maintain and improve the quality of our Services. Please note that the use of Integrated First Party Data by our customers is governed by their respective privacy policies.
Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies
Like many other commercial websites, we may also gather information in connection with your use of the Site or Services through the use of "cookies" and other similar technologies such as web server logs, pixels, and end-user website activity (collectively, "Tracking Technologies"). Personal Information gathered through Tracking Technologies may include internet or other electronic network activity information, such as IP addresses, hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising, the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, links to/from any page, and time spent at a site.
. You may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on, available here
We use the information described in this subsection for auditing, security, debugging, internal research and development, maintaining the quality and safety of our Services, and service performance purposes. In particular, we use this information to measure web traffic and usage activity on our Site for purposes of improving and enhancing the functionality of our Site, to look for possible fraudulent activity, and to better understand the sources of traffic and transactions on our Site. Cookies also allow our servers to remember your account information for future visits and to provide personalized and streamlined information across related pages on our Site. In order to understand and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, we may also use web beacons, cookies, and other technology to identify the fact that you have visited our Site or seen one of our advertisements.
Information from Demand Inc Insights
Our Demand Inc Insights collect a variety of information and data for purposes of creating our database of Attribute/Erinched Data and for providing the Services. We collect Personal Information as Attribute/Erinched Data, and to help us compile, organize, and verify Attribute/Erinched Data, in the following ways:
(1) from publicly accessible sources, both online and offline, algorithmically through the Demand Inc Insights or provided by third parties;
(2) through licensing agreements directly with data brokers or other Companies, pursuant to their privacy policies and terms and conditions; and
(3) directly contributed by individuals, about both Professionals and Companies in the form of "Crowdsourced Data", meaning information and data collected through free Services (subject to the licenses in the Demand Inc Service Agreement).
We use Attribute/Erinched Data to provide the Services, for internal research and development purposes, and to maintain and improve the quality of our Services. We may also use Attribute/Erinched Data to collect metadata, such as activity signals or IP registration information. We use this metadata to improve the quality of the Demand Inc Insights, to authenticate that certain Attribute/Erinched Data (such as email addresses or phone numbers) relate to business use and not personal use, and to verify the accuracy, integrity, and completeness of our Attribute/Erinched Data.
Our Services are designed to help our customers and partners in a wide variety of ways, including by helping them determine which Companies might make the best customers, identify the contacts within those organizations by department, role or seniority that might improve or expedite their interactions with those Companies, and enabling them to personalize their interactions with those Companies. Please note that the use of Attribute/Erinched Data by our customers is governed by their respective privacy policies.
Sharing and Transfers
This section describes the subset of Personal Information we share with partners, customers, and service providers, or for legal, corporate, or compliance purposes.
Customers and Partners
We use Attribute/Erinched Data in order to provide the Services to our customers and partners.
If you use the Demand Inc Integration product for a third party partner (such as Salesforce, Marketo, and HubSpot), the data contained in your CRM instance may be transmitted or processed externally. For example, data contained in your SFDC instance may be transmitted or processed outside of SFDC’s system in order for Demand Inc to provide its services. The third party partner is not responsible for the privacy, security, or integrity of such data.
Service Providers and Similar Third Parties
Governments, Law Enforcement, and Other Legal Requirements
We may disclose Personal Information to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if we believe in our sole discretion that it is absolutely necessary or appropriate in order to (i) respond to a subpoena, court order, or other binding legal process; (ii) comply with laws, statutes, rules, or regulations, including without limitation those designed to protect your privacy rights; (iii) prevent physical or other harm, financial loss, or infringement of your rights, Demand Inc’s rights, or the rights of anyone else; or (iv) report suspected illegal activity or investigate and pursue violations of our binding contractual agreements.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information as necessary in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or similar event for purposes consistent with that transaction. Note that, in such an event, Personal Information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assign.
We give you a variety of options with respect to the Personal Information we collect.
Opt-Out of Cookies and Other Similar Technologies. Your browser or device can allow you to opt-out of data collection through cookies or similar technologies. Please note that your experience using the Site or the Services might be degraded, or certain functionalities may not work, if you opt-out to such collection.
Opt-Out of Marketing Communications. If you wish to opt out of our use of your contact information for our direct marketing purposes, you can click the "Unsubscribe" button located within the most recent marketing email you received from us.
Additional Opt-Out Rights.
Depending on where you are located, you may have additional rights to opt-out of certain uses of Personal Information.Additional Notices for Certain Jurisdictions
Demand Inc is based in the United States. The Site and Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be collected, transferred to, stored and otherwise processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site and/or Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
You may be entitled to additional privacy notices depending on where you are located. Please see the appropriate subsection below that may apply to you.
If you would like to request that we refrain from selling your Covered Information (as defined under Nevada law), please submit your request here
Demand Inc considers the security of all the information and data within our control to be a top priority, and consistent with this we implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, such information or data. However, no security system is impenetrable, and unanticipated system failures or the efforts of malicious actors are an unfortunate reality on the internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the information and data within our control, including Personal Information, is absolutely secure.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track signal to websites and other online services you visit. Because we do not track our visitors to provide targeted advertising, we do not alter our practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com
Our Policy Towards Children
Demand Inc is in the business of Attribute/Erinched Data, and as such we do not direct our services towards individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18, we take steps to immediately delete that information. If you become aware that Demand Inc has improperly collected information from individuals under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of Personal Information within the last 12 months:
- Personal Information Collected over the last 12 months include: name, business address, email address, telephone number, IP address, social media identifiers (handles, user names/IDs, avatars, follower/following counts, publicly visible statuses or biographies). Your Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Demand Inc Insights, Demand Inc Browser Extensions
- Customer Record Information: financial information, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number. Your Interactions With Us.
- Commercial Information: Demand Inc products and services you’ve purchased or considered purchasing. Your Interactions With Us, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity: IP address, date and time of visits, pages viewed, links to/from any page, time spent at a site, hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising, device identifiers and indicators. Your Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Demand Inc Insights, Demand Inc Browser Extensions
- Geolocation Data: city, state, country, time zone,latitude and longitude data of the city center of the city in which a company is located. Your Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Demand Inc Insights, Demand Inc Browser Extensions.
Professional or Employment-related Information: employer, industry, title, role, sub-role, seniorityYour Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Demand Inc Insights, Demand Inc Browser Extensions
Please note that Personal Information as defined in the CCPA does not include the following: (i) publicly available information, as that term is defined in the CCPA; (ii) deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or (iii) information otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
Use of Personal Information
Demand Inc used or disclosed the Personal Information we collected for one or more of the following business purposes and objectives within the last 12 months:
- To directly respond to your requests or inquiries or to otherwise meet the reason for which you provided the information.
- For our internal operational and administrative purposes, maintaining and servicing your account with us, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling your orders and transactions with us, verifying your information, processing payments, and internal business functions such as accounting and forecasting.
- For auditing, security, debugging, maintaining the quality and safety of our services, and service performance purposes.
- To measure traffic and usage activity on our Site for purposes of improving and enhancing the functionality of our Site, to look for possible fraudulent activity, and to better understand the sources of traffic and transactions on our Site.
- To provide personalized and streamlined information across related pages on our Site by identifying whether you have visited specific pages on our Site or seen one of our advertisements.
- To develop Attribute/Erinched Data for commercial purposes (see the Section below titled “Sharing and Selling” for more information on the commercial uses of Attribute/Erinched Data).
- To undertake internal research and development of our Services.
- To undertake activities to verify and maintain the quality of our Services and the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of Attribute/Erinched Data.
- As necessary to share with our service providers and third parties (see the Section below titled “Sharing and Selling” for more information on the service providers and third parties with whom we share Personal Information).
- To comply with law, legal process, and internal policies and to exercise and defend legal claims.
- As described to you before or at the time of collection of your Personal Information, or as otherwise permissible under the CCPA.
Sharing and Selling
Disclosures for a Business Purpose
We share Personal Information with the following categories of service providers or third parties:
- Service providers who provide us with critical services such as web hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure (such as cloud computing), customer service, email delivery, security and other auditing, advertising or marketing, and similar services.
- Affiliates and contractors, and similar affiliated entities or individuals.
Categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed for a business purposes within the last 12 months include: identifiers; customer record information; commercial information; internet or electronic network activity; geolocation data (only at the city, state, and country level, and only for Companies, not Professionals or individuals); and professional or employment-related information.
Disclosures or "Sales" for a Commercial Purpose
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information in a manner that may be considered a “sale” as defined in the CCPA: identifiers, commercial information, internet and other electronic network activity, geolocation data (only at the city, state, and country level, and only for Companies, not Professionals or individuals), and professional and employment-related information.
For clarity, the Personal Information disclosed and/or sold by Demand Inc within the above identified categories is limited to Attribute/Erinched Data about Companies and Professionals affiliated with those Companies. No sensitive Personal Information is collected, shared, disclosed, or sold by Demand Inc.
You may opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information on a going-forward basis by clicking the button below. You may also opt-out by following the process described in the “Exercising Your Rights” section, below.DO NOT SELL MY INFO
The CCPA provides California consumers with several individual rights with respect to Personal Information. Note that these rights apply to individual consumers, not to Companies. This section describes those rights in detail and provides information on how to exercise those rights.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of the rights described in this section, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by with (i) a complete description of your request, including the specific right(s) you wish to exercise and (ii) sufficient information about you so we can confirm that your request is a verifiable customer request, including at a minimum your name and email address. Once we have received your verifiable consumer request, we will respond consistent with applicable law. Please note that you may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order for us to process a request from your authorized agent, we must (i) confirm that the agent is a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State that you have authorized to act on your behalf, (ii) receive from you a copy of the written authorization that provides the authorized agent to act on your behalf, and (iii) verify your identity by asking you to provide us sufficient information in order to do so.
Access and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Information
You have the right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information on a going-forward basis. Please click the button labeled DO NOT SELL MY INFO in the section titled “Disclosures for a Commercial Purpose”, above, to manage your opt-out preferences with respect to this right.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, subject to certain limitations. Please note that we reserve the right to offer you certain financial incentives as permitted by the CCPA that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us.
Changes to this CCPA Policy
We reserve the right to amend this CCPA Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this CCPA Policy, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the CCPA Policy effective date at the top of the page. By accessing or using the Site and/or the Services, you acknowledge that you have read this CCPA Policy and, to the extent it applies to you, that you agree to the practices described in this CCPA Policy.© 2023 Demand Inc.